The Institute of the Blessed Virgin Mary – Irish Province is a religious congregation which has been granted Charitable Status (charity number 7003 and CRA number 20014186). Our head office in Ireland is at Loreto House, Beaufort, Rathfarnham, Dublin 14. Today you will find Irish Loreto sisters working in a wide variety of apostolates of public benefit such as schools, pastoral work, parishes, retreats and other prayer ministeries.
Our schools in Rumbek, South Sudan serve a community who are extremely vulnerable, living in a war-torn country, often hungry and with no education infrastructure. We also have three dedicated care communities where we care for our elderly sisters. This statement (together with our terms and conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
By visiting this Loreto Rumbek website, you are accepting the practices described in this policy.
We shall be the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1988, the Data Protection (Amendment) Act 2003, for legislation governing privacy and electronic communication and any other relevant E.U. laws and regulations. We may collect and process information and data from you. This includes:
- Personal Data such as information you provide by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by email or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you log in to use the site, make a donation or sign up for our newsletter. The information you give us may include your first name, second name, address, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth, comments and financial and credit card information. However, please note that we will not be storing your credit card details after any transaction for which they are used is complete.
- Non-Personal Data such as technical information and information about your visit to our site.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your log-in information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), categories you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Purposes for which we hold your information: Personal data:
Personal data will be processed to contact you if required in connection with your communication and/or in order to acknowledge any donation made to Loreto Rumbek.
- To create an account if you register with us as a donor or if you wish to receive information about our activities
- To further our charitable aims, including fundraising activities
- To notify you about changes to our services
- Where relevant, we may access your personal data for the purposes of fraud and credit risk reduction.
- Your personal data may be shared in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions.
- Non-personal data gathered from visitors to the site is used to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes. Such information may be shared with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- To analyse and improve the services offered on our site by providing you with the most user friendly navigation experience we can for your computer or other device (SPCC) and to ensure that the content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Your IP address will help to identify your approximate location, block disruptive use and establish the number of visits to the site from different countries.
The Institute of the Blessed Virgin Mary – Irish Province will always endeavour to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. Personal data and information you give will be treated as confidential. We undertake never to sell your data to another charity or company. All donations by credit or debit card over the internet are processed through a secure server by Paypal on our behalf. Any payments transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site: any transmission is at your own risk.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data.
- We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
- You can exercise your right to prevent the processing of your information by a third party by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
- You have the right to be given a copy of your personal data which you have supplied to us via the site. To exercise this right, you must make your request in writing, post it and send it to our address as specified above. A copy of your passport and a utility bill must be enclosed to verify your address. A request will be dealt with as soon as possible and will take not more than 40 days to process.
- You have the right to have inaccurate personal data corrected. If you discover that we hold inaccurate personal data about you, you have a right to instruct us to correct that information. Such an instruction must be in writing and will not take more than 40 days to process.
- In certain circumstances you may also request that personal data which you have supplied via the site be deleted, if we do not have a legitimate reason for retaining the personal data. We will comply with any such request within 40 days. To exercise this right you would generally be expected to identify some contravention of data protection law in the manner in which the site processes the personal data concerned.
We hope you will let us keep you informed about our work so that you are aware of how your donations are used.